Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I just got a phone call that changed my day...

I just got a phone call that a long time family friend of my family named Karen Baugher was in a horrible car accident on the way home last night from a women's Christmas dinner--and that she is in ICU and not expecting to make it. Her husband Terri just called my step dad and was crying and completely broken up saying that "they are expecting her not to make it". News like this will stop you dead in your tracts. It did for me. All the memories of her flooded my mind as I remembered her life. Thankfully she is a believer and loves the Lord. But it just reminds me of the brevity of life and how we take people for granted--when the truth of the matter is every time we depart from our family and friends we should say our goodbyes as if it they were our last. To do otherwise is prideful--thinking that we have forever to live--and we presume that we will be here tomorrow. Please pray for Karen and all those who are involved. I am broken hearted over this but I know that God is Soveriegn and will use this for his Glory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Lord God...sustain all those involved. Please put Your hand upon them.

Lorne said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend, Trish. I will definitely pray for her that God will have His perfect will in all of this. "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."(Romans 8:18)